Pumpkin Miso Soup
Miso soup kicked up a bit with the addition of pumpkin puree. A great way to add depth and richness, plus a little nutrient boost, to an already nutritious and delicious dish. Feel free to substitute tofu for the tempeh if you can’t find it.
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green onion, sliced with whites and greens divided
- 3 oz tempeh, cubed
- 2 inch piece wakame, broken into small pieces
- 1.5 oz soba noodles
- 2 tbsp miso
- Combine water, pumpkin puree, tamari, giner and garlic powder in a medium saucepan. Whisk well to combine.
- Add carrot, mushrooms, white and light green parts of the green onion, wakame and tempeh to saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, until vegetables are cooked.
- While soup is simmering, cook soba noodles following package directions, staying al dente as they will continue to cook once added to soup.
- When soup is ready, whisk in miso paste, then add soba noodles Cook 2 minutes, ensuring the soup doesn't return to a boil. Serve and Enjoy!
More Featured Recipes: Green Chile Pulled Beef Tacos and Turkey Avocado Brie Sandwich