Green Chile Pulled Beef Tacos
Very simple recipe, cook it either in a slow cooker or an oven. The green chilies give a nice heat without too much kick!
- 4 lbs beef roast (chuck, top or bottom)
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 16 oz salsa verde (green salsa)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp steak spice OR pepper
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cups iceburg or romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Season roast with salt, pepper/steak spice and taco seasoning. Place in slow cooker or roasting pan with lid. Add beef broth to roast and cover with the salsa verde.
- Cook roast in slow cooker on low for 3 hours or in an oven at 225. Check periodically and make sure it does not dry out, add more broth if needed. Once cooked, remove the roast from the oven. Shred the beef with two forks, pulling it apart. Place the shredded beef back into roasting pan.
- Dice the tomato and red onion. Thinly shred or chop lettuce and cilantro. Lay out veggies on platter or bowls.
- Add shredded beef to your choice of taco shells. Top with desired veggies, salsa, sour cream and/or shredded cheese. ENJOY!