So I have to admit, I’m finding myself using my air fryer a whole lot more lately! Its rare to go more than a day or two without finding a use for it. Last night, I opted for a classic Indian finger food – samosas! Here we walk thru how to cook samosas in an air fryer.
Best Way to Cook Frozen Samosas in an Air Fryer
There are a bunch of different styles of samosas you can buy, even make yourself. Here I’ll cover just the two main store-bought frozen style; mini samosas and traditional.
Mini Frozen Samosas
I really enjoy the minis and will throw them together with other appys some nights. Best part about the minis is that they cook really fast!
There are a few different brands I can buy, and have found these ones are one of the best.
At only $4 a bag, you really can’t go wrong. They cook up perfect every time, just like you’d hope to get at a restaurant.
Additional Reading: Can Deep Fried Foods Be Healthy?
Mini Frozen Samosas Air Fry Instructions
- Remove mini samosas from freezer. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Add 5 minutes cooking time if skipping this step.
- Turn on air fryer, preheat to 350 degrees.
- Once preheated, place mini samosas in single layer in basket.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Open basket and stir or shake mini samosas.
- Air fry for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Such an easy snack in about 10 minutes!
Additional Reading: Is it Safe to Put Aluminum Foil in an Air Fryer?
Traditional Frozen Samosas
Traditional size samosas are more of a meal. When I air fry those, I’ll usually serve them with chutney and garden salad. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
The cooking instructions below really are the same as the minis, but of course take a bit longer.
Traditional Frozen Samosas Air Fry Insructions
- Take samosas from freezer and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Do not skip this step!
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees
- Once preheated, place samosas in basket with about an inch between each one. Use cooking rack for second layer if needed.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove basket and flip each samosa over. Return to air fryer.
- Air fry for additional 10-12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!